I can’t believe that it’s already the end of May and it’s still POURING outside. All I want to do is curl up in a blanket and do nothing all day. Just sit back, read a book, and munch on a few snacks that will take my mind away from the gloomy weather. Take these cookies for example. There’s chocolate chips scattered all throughout the cookie AND a Nutella filling in the centre. Mmmm delicious chocolatey goodness! Without a doubt, this cookie is for those chocolate lovers out there. If you think you’ll never get enough of chocolate, then make these cookies!
This cookie is perfectly soft and chewy – my favourite type of cookie! The Nutella centre is a nice surprise and the cookies are just so cute to look at. When I make these again, I want to try making mini ones cause I think that they would just be absolutely adorable (and make me feel less guilty when I eat a handful of them at once)!
Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Adapted From: Butter Baking
Makes around 30 cookies
220g unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 jar of Nutella, refrigerated
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and make sure they are fully incorporated. Add in the vanilla extract.
3. Slowly add in the flour, salt and baking soda. Lightly mix until everything is just combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop out balls of dough. Place a ball of dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it out. Spoon a teaspoon of Nutella in the centre and fold the edges of the dough over to cover the Nutella. Use your fingers to pinch the seams closed.
5. Place the cookies onto the baking sheets and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned.